Tomáš Pospíšek's Notizblock
I bought myself a Fairphone with pre-installed /e/ and so far I am very happy with it. More on that maybe another time.
Not everything is pure gold with that package either though. One problem is /e/ foundation's "Camera" app. It can take "normal" pictures just fine, however:
- taking a pano picture will crash the app
- taking a HDR picture will crash the app
- recording a video will crash the app
I wonder: is anybody at /e/ foundation using their own camera app? Does it also crash for them? If so, why don't they fix it?
Thus I have installed the "Open Camera" app (of which "Camera" was forked off), and it just works.
So /e/ foundation forked a project:
- changed the name
- are doing some translations work
- broke the app in the process (?)
- are not keeping the app up to date wrt to upstream
That seems like a rather absurd situation? All this just to have their "own" application with a simpler name?
Now the "Camera" app can't be deinstalled. Apparently you need to use "adb" to get permanently rid of it. Sigh, back to hacking.
(Greets to Alain ;-)!)
Tomáš Pospíšek, 2020-07-18